What is Fire Extinguisher Testing?
Fire Extinguisher Testing is done by a competent person who, inspects, tests and records your fire extinguishers inline with Australia Standards AS 1851 - 2010.
Why is Fire Extinguisher Testing Important?
Fire Extinguisher testing is a very important part of any businesses legislation obligations. Ensuring that your fire extinguisher work when they are needed can save life, property, equipment and loss of productivity.
How often do I need to get my Fire Extinguishers tested?
Fire Extinguisher testing is required to be done every 6 months.
What is the process of Fire Extinguisher testing?
- Location in designated place
- No obstruction to access or visibility
- Operating instructions on nameplate legible and facing outward
- Safety seals and tamper indicators not broken or missing
- Fullness determined by weighing or “hefting”
- Examination for obvious physical damage, corrosion, leakage, or clogged nozzle
- Pressure gauge reading or indicator in the operable range or position
- Condition of tires, wheels, carriage, hose, and nozzle checked (for wheeled units)